로그인

연락처 :
bolle1917@gmail.com

This threesome was brought to you by the letter A

Soviet-era erotic alphabet book from 1931 [Советская эротическая азбука 1931 года]

Untitled

Image: This threesome brought
to you by the letter «А» (1931)

untitled2

UPDATE: Apparently it was Giuliano Vivaldi behind the whole rumor that this collection was intended to “combat adult illiteracy,” as I put it here. He wrote: “I copied this from someone’s wall and added with a few exclamation marks that it was part of Stalin’s fight against illiteracy (joke intended). Since then my joke was cited as fact and traveled the internet.”

Consider me trolled! Still prefer to think of it having been conceived for that purpose.

Reproduced here are a bunch of scans from a fascinating erotic alphabet book printed in the Soviet Union circa 1931, made to combat adult illiteracy. By the sculptor and future People’s Artist of the USSRSergei Merkurov [Сергей Меркуров], no less. For those of you who enjoyed my previous post onclassic Soviet board-games from the 1920s, this should be right up your alley.

Ц, Ш

Ц, Ш

As my friend Jasmine Curcio points out, these images draw upon clear precedents in the phallic imagery of ancient Roman art. Throughout the ABC book one can find images of horny satyrs, indecent cupids, and flying disembodied cocks. Given Merkurov’s own fascination with ancient Greek and Roman art, this is hardly surprising. No doubt, all of these precedents were consciously invoked. Though it is admittedly somewhat interesting to see various dirty motifs cribbed from the style of Roman antiquity deployed for the purposes of a Soviet literacy campaign, which was itself such a distinctly modernizing project.

This should stand as definite challenge the false notion that the Soviet Union suppressed its citizens’ sexual desires, or was in the least conservative when it came to such matters. At least, not until Stalin achieved full control and instituted conservative policies. And, ironically, illustrated by the same man who’d later be commissioned by the Soviet government to sculpt a number of famous monuments to Stalin.

Ф, Ь

Ф, Ь

My friend Anna Khachiyan‘s reaction is worthy of inclusion here:

Thanks for sharing this — it is fantastic! All my years of tumblr trolling, and I’ve never seen anything nearly as good. And so artfully done, too. Alas, if only they had this much sex in real life.

But I must ask: What ever happened to the letter «Ж» in these drawings? This would be a difficult letter to navigate, sexually, but imagine the erotic possibilities!

Anyway, without further delay, some acknowledgments:

All of these great images are reposted from the brilliant Russian Livejournal account Isle of Crimea[Остров Крым]. I’d also like to thank Arya Moghadam for first bringing them to my attention. Credit is also due to Agata Pyzik, who first discovered them for the Anglophone world.

Needless to say, these are not safe for work. Enjoy.

…now I know my ABCs…

?

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
583 The works of Leon Trotsky PDF 볼셰비키 2015.05.21 454
582 [영화] Marx on the Silver Screen 볼셰비키 2017.03.14 452
581 [홍콩] US Openly Approves Hong Kong Chaos it Created - globalresearch.ca 볼셰비키-레닌주의자 2014.11.14 450
580 [아프간/ISIS] US military allegedly promoting ISIS in Afghanistan 볼셰비키 2019.04.25 445
579 [미국/총기규제] North Carolina proposes laws allowing teachers to carry guns in schools 볼셰비키 2019.03.21 443
578 [미국/GM파업] Behind the GM strike: Wall Street wants temps for hi-tech vehicles and the UAW agrees 볼셰비키 2019.10.06 438
577 [우크라이나] Not alone: New radar data indicates other jets on MH17 course before crash 볼셰비키-레닌주의자 2014.11.21 427
576 [중국] Poor Working Conditions Persist at Apple Supplier Pegatron 볼셰비키 2015.10.27 421
575 [중동/예멘] “Today Saudi Arabia finally lost the war on Yemen” 볼셰비키 2019.09.16 417
574 [그리스] 골드만삭스 ‘국채사기’가 불러온 그리스 채무불이행 볼셰비키 2015.07.07 413
573 [캐나다] 100,000 workers in the streets of Montreal: A glimpse of what is to come 볼셰비키-레닌주의자 2014.12.03 411
572 [홍콩] Terrorism and Turmoil: US Containment of China - globalresearch.ca 볼셰비키-레닌주의자 2014.11.14 411
571 [미국/ 선거/ 정권교체] CIA Has Interfered With Over 81 Foreign Elections in the Past Century 볼셰비키 2019.11.16 407
570 [그리스] Greece: The SYRIZA Illusion Exploded 볼셰비키 2015.03.17 407
569 [캐나다/미국 제국주의] Justin Trudeau Has Worked With Trump to Support Regime Change 볼셰비키 2020.08.23 405
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45 Next
/ 45